The Meeks shall inherit the earth
23 May 2005: Season 2 Episode 16 : 80.14
- Michael Meeks, Novell hacker and Busiest Man Alive, talks about OpenOffice.org, Gnome, how you can get involved, and how to get lots of work done by not spending all day reading other people's weblogs
- Building communities: why some projects attract a large and vibrant community and others don't, and what we can do about it
- Distro Wars, part III: 75% of the team review the six chosen distributions and distributors (Xandros, Linspire, Novell, Red Hat, Ubuntu, and Gentoo) against various different criteria. This week, they're being reviewed for potential for world domination
- ZeroConf: what it is and whether we should be using it in Linux
- Letters and emails and phone calls, oh my!
This episode of LugRadio is available under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence. This means that you can download it for free, you can pass it on to as many people as you want, you can make mashups of it or snip parts out and distribute them separately or use them in your own compositions, and you can use it commercially if you choose. If you make a mashup or use parts of this episode in some other work, your resulting work has to also have this "share-alike" provision on it, but other than that you can broadly do what you want with it! See our thoughts on licencing for more.