Banger Memorial Show
11th September 2006: Season 4 Episode 1 : 85:00
- Linspire: the controversy about them allegedly tampering with DistroWatch rankings, contrasted with the Linspire team releasing the Click-n-Run client as open source and removing the annual fee. What do we think? (3.13)
- Sava Tatic from Campware talks about free software and free media (13.20)
- Matt and Jono are now part of the Ubuntu team, Matt in the Marketing Team and Jono a Canonical employee as Ubuntu Community Manager. Thoughts on how it's been so far, and the nature of community projects (26.37)
- Stephen "SheepEatingTaz" Garton from Hull LUG talks about their new community outreach "Hull FLOSS" initiative (44.21)
- A (completely fictional) LugRadio Summer of Code: which projects would we anoint? Write in and tell us which projects you think got overlooked! (50.21)
- Your letters from over the summer! Send in your thoughts on the show, things you'd like to see us talk about, and comments on the wonderful world of free software. If you've got a silly name that's an extra bonus. (71.28)
This show is dedicated to Banger, Jono and Sooz's dog, who sadly died on September 8th, 2006. If you listen carefully you can hear him barking at a couple of points during this episode. Goodbye, Banger.
This episode of LugRadio is available under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence. This means that you can download it for free, you can pass it on to as many people as you want, you can make mashups of it or snip parts out and distribute them separately or use them in your own compositions, and you can use it commercially if you choose. If you make a mashup or use parts of this episode in some other work, your resulting work has to also have this "share-alike" provision on it, but other than that you can broadly do what you want with it! See our thoughts on licencing for more.