26th February 2007: Season 4 Episode 13 : 46.24
There will also be videos of our individual talks available from the Skycon team at some point, and a certain amount of videoing of the actual recording of the show went on as well; keep your eyes on the Skycon site for all that.
- We're at Skycon! Three-quarters of the team, without our bald compadre Ade, introduce the show (0.00)
- The legendary Matt Garrett and his interesting suspend and resume stories! Why your computer's hardware doesn't work properly, how all laptop manufacturers are fascist murderers who hate freedom, and why Matt hasn't fixed it all yet(3.50)
- David "tyrion" Dolphin, PR officer for Skynet and Simon Willison lookalike (ya rly!), talks about Skynet, how Skycon came about, and what organising the conference has been like (14.50)
- Niall "digitaldeath" O'Brien, attendee at Skycon and LugRadio forums poster, talks about what the conference is like to attend and how shit Dublin is (25.42)
- Alan Cox (for it is he) on the different groups of non-programming people in the open source community and how to get non-coders more interested in free software (33.20)
- Sumup: how Skycon was for us (41.12)
This episode of LugRadio is available under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported licence. This means that you can download it for free, you can pass it on to as many people as you want, and you can make it available for download yourself (and you need to link back to lugradio.org if you do), but you can't alter it or make mashups from it, and you can't sell it. See our thoughts on licencing for more.